Monday 12 December 2011

Guitar

Yet MORE bad news today - Tom unfortunately wasn't successful for a job he'd been interviewed for, so now he's back to job hunting again.

Times are hard. I know they could be harder, and we need to count our blessings, but not knowing how we shall get by in the next few weeks is pretty scary.

Things may be changing at my work soon but I'll have to see over the next few weeks if anything will happen.

A strange symbol of these situations is still lurking away in my life: my guitar.

No, I don't play it. I had a teenage dream of becoming a rock star, and when it turned out practicing and playing was something that didn't come naturally I typically gave up. I know I won't take it up again (I don't think my fingers are flexible enough either!) but I still have the guitar my dad bought for me. Over the past few years it's been something that I've had to consider selling on several occasions when money has been tight.

Yet it is still here, still in the corner somewhere gathering dust. I've not yet got to the stage where I've actually had to put together a transaction for it. Perhaps this is a symbol of some security and reassurance of getting me through things.

1 comment:

Jade Victoria said...

I really love this little post, reflective