Sunday 4 November 2012

From leaves to streams

Left the house to go to church this morning and found the roads into the village had become small rivers with cars splashing several feet of water up each side whenever they managed to drive past. Hmm. 

Well, meeting called off as it was unsafe and more than a bit wet out, so I spent the day home sitting about most of the time, which we all know is one of my favourite past times.

But it summed up a weekend which has been good considering so little has gone to plan...

Sat my parents came up to us with the intentions of going shopping, getting me to try my wedding dress again with the rest of the ensemble, and then a meal at the pub with Tom's parents before heading to a fireworks display.

Meal times had to be rearranged, then cancelled, but we got to cook my folks a roast (which was actually delicious it must be said). However it was chucking it down all day so no town, and no fireworks. But we did brave a trip to a pub for a pint and conversation, which somehow mostly ended up being about snakes, much to my mother's displeasure.

So now it's the evening, the waters have finally drained away and Tom and I managed to have a dry walk to the shop and back so now we have the staples of bread, milk and halloween-themed creme eggs. I also booked tomorrow off purely because I decided I don't like that Sunday evening feeling of back-to-work-tomorrow so am delaying it for a day. Ah, procrastination!

No comments: