Thursday 19 May 2011

It's late and this time of year beckons

Start with lizard news I guess. (I'm sure I used to have something more interesting in my life but that seems to have been replaced by reptiles!) Unfortunately our incubation of gecko eggs didn't go to well and they appeared to dry out so we gave up on them and got rid of them. Whenever Sonny lays her next batch (which she will soon) we'll get the lizard shopkeepers to collect them so there's less disruption and risk of destroying them again. Would be nice to see what little monsters have been created!

Tom had his birthday the other day. Sadly it seems as you get older birthdays become less of a big deal. As an adult it apparently you're not really meant to ask someone how old they now are...! But he got lots of cards from friends and family and lots of books as presents, so he'll at least be occupied for a while.

This weekend it's also my birthday, but I'm more excited because it's also my friends' wedding. Being rather young and having mainly friends around my own age means I've not been to many weddings yet, so I'm really excited to see them get hitched! It's well deserved for both of them and I am truly happy for their union. And I get a party on my birthday! So what if it's not my own?!

With the wedding weekend forecast to be sunny and hot I shall learn from my lesson a couple of weeks ago when on the bank holiday I wisely forgot to use any suncream and spent several hours outside in sun and then wind. My face was not only sunburned, but I had 'panda eyes' from wearing my sunglasses, AND my left side was worse than my right. Work was interesting the next day.

No comments: