Friday 5 August 2011

Ugghh...

Today I feel dreadful. I'm not unused to feeling a little rough once in a while, even though that doesn't cushion the blow at all. But today I am having to face up to a decision to speak to a doctor about letting me take medicine every day to try and help with a few days of horror.

I've resisted this for the past year or so in the hope that 1) things might start to get better without the aid of too many interfering drugs, and 2) trying to justify taking meds every day for a problem that ruins 2 days out of 30.

However I'm getting sick of ignoring it. I will have to deal with any consequences sensibly and make use of the medical help I can get in this country. To anyone who is ill or in any kind of discomfort, I have sympathy! So much sympathy. As personal comfort and health is such a relative thing, it can be easy for people to lack any kind of empathy if how they are effected by things is not the same as yourself; you're "making a big deal" to them. How unfair.

Anyway, I've finally got myself comfortable on the sofa (thank God I'm not back at work until Monday) and am reluctant to move too much as it took me about an hour and lots of tablets to get here! At least I don't have to do anything too strenuous for the next few days.

But I do want to make a cake later.

No comments: