Wednesday 5 October 2011

Bureaucracy

Just a quick muse at one of my least favourite subjects (also I can't spell it so had to check before posting the title...)

Case #1 - consulting my work handbook at home to see about leave/ time off around Tom's op (finally got the dates!) so I can be around. The term "Compassionate leave" is not mentioned. What is mentioned is about getting time off for caring for someone, but the details are apparently in the Company Policy.
This document is not one they issue copies of to employees. I think I can only access it via the company intranet at work -_- not helpful.

Case #2 - we rent our flat through an agency and as such will have periodic inspections. We had one the other week and the results came back today. Generally everything was ok, the only real maintenance issues were a door handle being loose (like that when we got here) and some dampness around bathroom window.
What did make me chuckle a bit was this: we've got a crack in our double-glazed window, which we have told the agency about twice (and the landlord) but no news on it. The inspector missed it completely, but did put in the very brief report that there is a dead insect in our net curtain.

Go figure...

No comments: