Tuesday 18 October 2011

Signed off

Just to let you all know I have been officially signed off of work for three weeks by my doctor for stress and exhaustion.

I've been suffering a lot lately with having to deal with stress. Those who have known me for some years will no doubt be aware of the pretty dire consequences when circumstances get too much. In fact I ended up quitting a job very suddenly only last year because I just could not deal with it anymore.

At the moment there are some things to sort with work, but this is not the place to discuss it. The additional burden in my life at the moment is that I simply cannot deal with work problems as well as Tom's situation with job hunting and his operation. In my opinion his health and our life must come first. I'm sure most people will agree and if they were in a similar situation I would hope you would do everything you could to look after yourself and everyone around you. I'm also afraid my work will suffer if I were to continue working whilst all this happens and then no-one wins.

I have spoken to a couple of doctors about my health as I witnessed problems like my weight drop, poor sleep and becoming more agitated. From my experience it's best to go to get help sooner rather than at the last minute as at least then you have made preparations in case things do get worse.

I need to spend the next while resting, putting some weight back on and just getting my head back into a place where I can deal with day-to-day life.

No comments: