Saturday 23 June 2012

Time with family, work and a caravan

Not posted since my sister's wedding, so here's a rundown of June to date...

I had a week off which I spent back in Cheltenham mainly resting and cleaning (flat is still not exactly a palace, but, meh) and we returned with my parents on Friday to spend a bit more time with the family. Spent Friday evening with the newly-wed Mr and Mrs Barrett with curry and the England game. Still don't like football but it's entertaining to watch how often the players fall over.

Saturday it was just us and the parents and a day at Warwick Castle which Tom loved. Got fed up quickly when Tom tried to argue about whether all of the armour was accurate - seeing as he knows so much about SAXON equipment he therefore has become an annoying authority on all things historical. I wussed out of going up the towers because they were high and tight so instead mainly stood around in the rain on the mound waving to Tom across the castle. But we did get to see the trebuchet in action which was pretty cool!


If you zoom right in you might be able to see that white dot at the bottom of the mound - that's me!


After warming up at my parents' we had a big family meal in a nearby pub to appease everyone's fussy palettes.

Sunday we were heading back but Tom and Dad squeezed in a spot of archery in the back garden beforehand. Got to say goodbye to my uncle and grandfather before they returned to the States a few days later. I hope they enjoyed all the time over.

I've not been feeling too sociable or chirpy lately so having to be around so much family on these occasions was a bit of a struggle, but we got through everything and I don't think I ruined anyone's trip this time!

Anyway, back at home and I took some action and have finally given my notice at work. Can't tell you how good that felt! I'll be leaving near the end of July, and Tom and I will be on holiday in August for a few days in Wales (with most of the Barratt crew). I've had more grief than positivity during my time at work so it will be a huge relief to be able to leave that place behind me. Only slight concern is that I don't yet have a job to go to, so I've had to step up my job hunting.



Even though I now have the end in sight of work, frustratingly I'm still not suddenly magically feeling physically amazing - still very tired and sick a lot of the time. I guess it's a slog getting back to health when you have felt drained for so long, and hope there is nothing more going on.

And the only other thing worth mentioning is that Tom's mother and step-father have bought a caravan, which could prove interesting...!

1 comment:

Toni Ertl said...

Sorry you're still feeling manky - hope that gets better quickly now and a job appears post haste!