Thursday 27 September 2012

Church

Last Sunday I went to a church service for the first time since Easter. I just went down to the local United Reformed Church, a small building a few mins from my flat. Seeing as I need some motivation I decided to find away around using "town is too far away" as a reason to not go, and I'm so glad I did.

Some funny things:

I was the second-youngest person there. Most of the congregation were, let's say, about or above retirement age. This is not a problem at all, I love old people! But there were some very confused faces when I explained I was actually 24, not a teenager, and getting married next year, haha.

The church is small and they don't have a service every week due to spreading out the leaders in the other connected churches. As the one this week is a bit farther away I might give it a miss, but will be back when the service is local again.

They were such a nice lot, it was really good to be in such a lovely group again. The place was more old-fashioned than I'd imagined - the building is like an old village hall that desperately needs repainting, and there is an electric organ played for music. But I didn't mind any of this. It was warm, dry (very important last Sunday, and most days since) and the atmosphere was fantastic.

Praise the Lord!

No comments: