Tuesday 18 January 2011

Finally visited Bristol

I had to do something for the very first time today...

Work sent me on a training day in Bristol as part of my induction to the company. I had until today never taken a train journey alone before, let alone to a city I'd never been to either.

Oddly enough I wasn't too scared by it. It was more a healthy kind of nervous/excited about getting on with something important that I needed to learn to do. Perhaps surprisingly everything went to plan, I got to Bristol fine, even found the right bus and found the store too!

I also did lots of training and learnt a lot but as I've been running off of about 5-6 hours sleep after a long day right at this moment I've forgotten it all. Luckily I do remember already knowing a lot about it as it was an introduction to optics but I felt for some of the others who were totally new to the whole area! It was a lot to take in even for those of us who have several years experience.

But I get a lie-in tomorrow... Nice.

Also - quite proud with myself for finally making the journey despite my fears and doubts about travelling. Oh yes, new stage of adulthood reached!

No comments: