Wednesday 12 January 2011

Right, that works then

I hate technology. Computers are so damn complicated. I know how to use them (obviously otherwise you wouldn't be able to see this) but anything more sophisticated than finding a webpage or turning it off and on again tends to perplex me slightly... it's one of the occasions that I have to totally rely on Tom's skills and trust he's set everything up right.

Anyway, this page is officially up and running!

Currently I am stuck at home on my sofa where the cushions like to move around beneath you. I'm here because I'm ill, otherwise I would be at work. I only started my job last week and on Sunday I started coming down with  something and then I was diagnosed 'ill' and have missed work all this week. Actually that's not entirely true, I did go to work this morning. And I was feeling pretty good too considering I'd been in bed practically all day Monday. But by 10am my new-found recovery rebounded and I had to choose between staying at work near the toilets all day for fear of, well, you can guess, or go home and be miserable and contagious in my own comfort. Mind you, the 20 min walk home was pretty tense as I prayed that I wouldn't have a funny turn on the way...

Thankfully I am home safe, dignity nearly intact. I have whiled away the day in my pyjamas and continued to tidy up the flat a bit more. Too ill to be at work, but not so weak I'm confined to bed. It's really frustrating and also BORING. I'm saving the washing up for later (yeah, right) but I've sorted out laundry and even polished the coffee table.

My only other source of entertainment apart from daytime TV (and the only thing worth watching are Gilmore Girls and Scrubs re-runs) is Rusty going a bit nuts. Rusty is our baby bearded dragon, who even after being in the same glass tank since September, still can't figure out why that pesky lizard he can see at one end of it can't be caught. Basically, lizards are stupid and don't understand reflections. I have seen him display some impressive jumping skills earlier as he moved from ground to ledge, from ledge to side, then an undignified flop back down to ground, but he's too determined to let the reflection be.

He's also been puffing his neck out at me today, though I think that was because he has been shedding his old skin today and it might help somehow. I prefer that idea than he's decided to start getting aggressive to me. He's only just forgiven me for trying to get him to have a bath a few weeks ago...

So on this miserable January day, where the skies really have darkened and the rain sounds trickly from the kitchen end and slow thumping drops from the lounge window (must be the piping etc on the different walls outside) at least I am in a warm dry flat for my pains and grumbles. Another problem with being sick/ lazy is that although you get plenty of time to think, you lack the strength or motivation to do much. Right now, I'm lacking in company. Tom finished work soon and will be back, and happy as that makes me I also know this means the loud music will start and he'll want the laptop I'm using.

Perhaps I should have bought the Steig Larsson trilogy when I had the chance. I'd be ploughing through them today!

No comments: