Monday 14 February 2011

Preparing for the future: A Case Study In Regret

I'm not too pleased with myself today, but I hope the guilt passes soon.

Today was the deadline for RSVP-ing to a friends' wedding. I was planning to go, naturally I want to see my friends get married and enjoy the best day of their lives with them, but the location is so far away from where I live, and in a remote location from where I would potentially be staying too. Unfortunately I didn't prepare enough ahead and sort of thought it would fall into place nearer the time but it didn't.

So regretfully I have had to say that I won't be able to be there. Which is a bummer.

The only consolation is that another friend is getting married a month later locally and the couple from this wedding I can't attend will be there, so at least I will be able to see them then, and celebrate our other friends' wedding.

I can blame it on many things: I can't drive, trains and hotels are so expensive, and at the moment we really don't have much cash for anything non-essential. Doesn't mean we shouldn't try to do things just because it isn't practical.

I just need to learn for next time.

1 comment:

Toni said...

You're a good lass, Livi. And you're right - sometimes there just isn't the money available to do everything we'd like to.