Monday 28 February 2011

Everyone is getting hitched!!!

Bloody hell, it's not quite March yet and already this year I know 3 people who have got engaged. All about my age too.

Are we all getting to the grown-up stage of our lives already? (I still don't feel particularly adult a lot of the time!) Have they all truly met the people they are destined to spend the rest of their lives with? Or are they just being romantic and not thinking about the huge responsibility of having to live and be married together?

I just get more questions the more I think! How do people know when they're ready to get married? Why do it at all in this day and age? (I do have some answers to that one myself but as a general musing) And how do you guarantee that it will last?

Some people it's easy to see how things will work and that they are clearly going to be a brilliant couple. But relationships are really hard work, regardless how lovely the people are. And I can't help but wonder at when some people get into the 'serious' stages if the couple can actually make it through all the tough stuff.

Same about myself; will I ever be totally prepared for everything in a relationship? In a few weeks I may have to think about the future a lot more and where I will be, and who will I be with? [This isn't ominous, Tom is trying to get into the Forces.]

No comments: