Thursday 17 November 2011

Negative/ Positives of the year so far.

So as we are in November I look back and think, "What a crap year." [At least the Rapture missed us; I was worried it might ruin my birthday.]

OK, so not everything was horrific, but overall this year can be summed up in the following adjectives: difficult, stressful, frustrating, unfortunate. We have struggled with money, health, relationships and employment.

We started the year with me in a new job and Tom continuing in the same one; living in our still-new flat, with some ambitions and hope that with us both working full time we might be able to start having more of a life outside of having to wrestle to get anywhere.

Yeah, obviously that didn't quite work out. The taxman ruined me so for the first 5 months of the year I was only taking home a fraction of my wages; we gained and lost pets in different ways; we had to spend more time in hospitals and GP surgeries than I care to think about.

I support the concept of taxes but not the action of leaving me unable to pay even my rent and council tax. Bastards.

I had hoped to get round to sorting out driving but now with the car stolen (not sure if mentioned but someone towed our car and no-one knows who) and no spare cash the lessons and tests will have to wait again.

I haven't even had my hair cut since last year! But that's OK as I'm starting to like it a bit longer.

OK, maybe not too long...

So yes, things have been supremely terrible. But the positives:

- This year Tom's lung condition was finally figured out and he has come through his operation
- Rusty is thriving (into a little bugger but you can't have everything) and Bruce is in a better place than the shop we got him from
- I still have my job
- My sister got engaged and is getting married next year
- We still have our flat and it is still our home for now
- I've read a lot more than I've managed in recent years



Right at this moment in time all I can do is try and stay positive. It's the hardest thing in the world and at times like this I have faith as I cannot possibly be coping all on my own. One thing I feel I have 'failed' this year is growing my faith, but even though some things feel distant I think the fact we carry on is God's doing more than our own.

No comments: