Sunday 22 July 2012

Pain

I'm currently sitting at home feeling rather sorry for myself; about an hour ago I massively stubbed my big toe on my left foot and actually split part of the nail.

There was blood, pain, a lot of swearing. I've managed to clean it up and get most of my nail polish off to have a better look at it, but it is definitely split. I'm just hoping and praying I won't actually lose the nail.

So I've got it covered in a couple of plasters and am musing at the timing of these ridiculous incidences in my life; I have an interview at Tom's place tomorrow. And we walk everywhere. I am really not looking forward to trying to walk anywhere at all, let alone the best part of 1.5 miles in smart shoes. So we might need to get the bus...

Pain in various forms seems to be a theme in recent times here. My IBS has been playing up again recently, with fibre seeming to be a large culprit. Having a sore tummy all day is never fun.

But at the same time I could have it much worse: my knee injury some years ago was probably the most extreme pain I've had. My eczema is so much better than before when my hands would split open and be red raw.

So throbbing toe and achy stomach may be the worst of the moment. Let's hope I don't do anything stupid soon.

No comments: