Sunday 1 January 2012

Not so clever New Year

In a true act of starting as you DON'T mean to go on (again, ever) we had a NYE party at our friend's new place last night. It was mainly a session of eating and drinking and laughing, though I think polishing off most of a bottle of Asti at the end may have been a small mistake...

So with the biggest hangover of my life, my family arrived and our collective posse (five out of seven of us having drank a bit too much the previous night) wandered up to the racecourse and had a day at the races. Our other friends managed to join us later after they'd peeled themselves off their beds of pain and tidied the party leftovers up.

I've never been interested in horse racing but I'll admit that it was a pretty good day. I only placed one bet of £2 which of course I lost, and my sister had the most lucky wins of the day as usual. We have been given tickets for the Gold Cup races in March so this time we'll make some preparations: 1) no excessive drinking the night before; 2) bring snacks, warm clothing and an umbrella.

BTW, Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoo happy olivia!